InsanelyMac discussion topic: https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/338527-opencore-development/
Current status as of April 2019:
- Support for UEFI and DuetPkg (legacy) booting
- APFS and HFS+ compatibility
- ACPI patcher (adding, dropping, binary patching, relocation)
- Apple-compatible bless implementation
- DeviceProperties injection
- DataHub and SMBIOS generation
- Symbolic kext and kernel patcher
- Direct kext injection/patching/blocking within prelinkedkernel
- Installation/Recovery/FileVault 2 support
- Configuration in config.plist with open documentation
- Simple boot picker for quick launch
- Direct boot from dmg images
Known defects (for 02.05.2019):
- Custom memory configuration is unsupported, and provided as is.
- Full secure boot compatibility is in progress.
- Hibernation support is missing.
For those, who are not familiar with the history, OpenCore is a project initially born in HermitCrabs Lab that unfortunately almost died before its birth. This release is both a rebirth and a complete rewrite of OpenCore, which brings a number of new ideas, and tries to preserve the smart moves incorporated by iNDi and his team. Other than that, I wish to express my deepest words of gratitude to Acidanthera and WWHC members: your participation was and remains the key for project success, and you are simply the best.
Github credits: https://github.com/acidanthera/OpenCorePkg/blob/master/README.md